Friday, April 23, 2010

Sketch of a cat


So I wasn't able to go to the figure drawing class last night because I went to an event hosted by the academy.
http://www.oscars.org/events-exhibitions/events/2010/acting-digital.html
It was incredible to see how technology has come to the point where people can become completely different creatures and still look so humanistic thru tracking and scanning. It was also very interesting to discover the fact that actors are scared by the new technology. The pamelists kept saying that the technology is there to enhance their performance but not replace it. So anyways... As an animator, I felt like there will be different types of job than the traditional one once this "performance capture" thing gets going for more films. I still don't fully understand how the job will be evolving, but it was definitely something to keep in mind while I start my study.

This is a quick sketch of my kitty. Sorry it's dark.




No comments:

Post a Comment